Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How To Get Rid Of Boils and HS

(Bonus) TREATMENT FOR BOILS

The following blog is an excerpt from my book, Natural Approaches for the Treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa.

I’ve determined that my outbreak of boils are also food related. I can guarantee their appearance by eating certain foods. The best remedy to keep them away is to eliminate the foods that cause them. When you do get boils however, buy and over the counter product from Rite-Aid called, Draw Out Salve. Apply it to the affected area for 2-4 hours then take a hot bath. It works twice as fast with the hot bath, soak 20 minutes. Do not use on open boils. It is non effective on HS sores. If the boil is very just coming and small, usually one treatment or application is enough to dissolve it.

Try to get to the boils as early as possible. Believe it or not, sometime I’m too lazy. I guess I have so much to do for my body it’s understandable. If it is already formed big and deeper it will take a couple of treatments or days to get it down or to open. It will become very painful right before it opens to drain so get you gauze pads ready. My insurance pays for gauze pads 4x4. I use to get 2 boxes per month but don’t need nearly as many now. I do use them in moist areas to keep bacteria from forming.

I’ve tried similar products from other pharmacy’s but Rite-Aide’s product worked the best for me. It cost less than ten dollars. A damp cloth with a hot water bottle can also be as effective as the bath. I’ve never had a boil more than 2 days using this method.

When you get a boil or HS, make a list of everything you’ve eaten even the seasonings. This will help you identify your triggers. You will get to the point when you only eat food you’ve prepared almost entirely so that you know what is in it.

Find out how to keep boils from returning in my book Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Natural Approaches for the treatment of HS.

No comments:

Post a Comment